View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 06:30 AM   #2
WMTaylor3

Update to this.
I've attempted (temporarily) swapping the 190 out with a Dell D3100. It's unable to drive the two monitors it is responsible for at 1440p, however even running them at 1080p the flashing/flickering issue still presents.

Interestingly I can reliably reproduce it by opening dark theme VS Code on the bottom center monitor, opening DisplayLink Manager on top of it (as a small window), then selecting one of the displays within DL Manager, selecting the resolution drop down and scrolling up and down the list with my mouse scroll. I don't have to select any of the options, the act of scrolling is enough to trigger it.

Something about the display updating/refreshing seems to cause the problem to appear.

Further testing using the drop-down scroll method listed above has shown the issue still occuring even when both the 190 and the 3100 are disconnected, leaving only the 570. This suggests it may not have anything to do with the multi-dock setup and it could just be a side effect of how DisplayLink is refreshing the display?
WMTaylor3 is offline   Reply With Quote