View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 12:37 PM   #4
Ryann

Hello
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboerner View Post
It enables a DisplayLink-connected display to be active prior to logging in to the system. DisplayLink has more information here --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...ction-in#other
I read this sentence and the linked documentation where there is (only) the same description... But I'm still not sure to understand what is the purpose of this additionnal "Login Screen Extension" for my Mac.

From this explanation, I could conclude it is just an "extra" and not absolutely necessary when using an external Displaylink display, after logging in my Mac session and then launching th DisplayLink Manager.

Nevertheless it appears that I never managed to reach the above purpose when I had only installed the DisplayLink Manager (and rebooted the Mac)
=> The DisplayLink manager windows always displayed 'No Displaylink-enabled display connected"
=> and I only got my external Displaylink display detected in my Mac user session when I also installed the "Login Screen Extension".

So is there a way to use an external DisplayLink display only with the DisplayLink Manager and without installing the Login Screen Extension?

Regards.
Ryann is offline   Reply With Quote