View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
anakha

Default External displays do not start properly (manual setup each time)

System
I have a brand new Dell XPS 15 and picked up the Targus USB 3.0 SuperSpeed™ Dual Video Docking Station at the same time.

Problem Description
The issue I have is that when I start the laptop, only the laptop screen shows. The two external monitors do not fire up. The other connected devices (printer, webcam and speakers) do show as connected.

To have the two external monitors start working I need to disconnect the device from the laptop and unplug the power on the Targus device (which is a funky connector BTW). Then I need to plug the power back in, connect it again, connect the two monitors and then the other devices. The power unplugging is the important piece there. If I just unplug the other devices and plug them in, or mix in reconnecting it to the laptop, it still doesn't work.

I do not want to have to plug this device in and reconnect every device each morning. How can they start automatically?

Steps So Far To Get It Working
Two Display Adapters are listed, Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M.

At first it didn't work at all. I updated the Intel display drivers. I then updated the Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver as per another post. Then it started working and I could see the two external monitors (as well as the laptop monitor).

The network connection was so slow I now don't use it.

I've tried the other USB ports on the system to test them out. The same issue occurs on all ports.
anakha is offline   Reply With Quote