View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 09:32 PM   #172
strim

Just want to share my temporary workaround to continue normal life with 10.13.4 with 3 monitors connected to MacBookPro 2015.

I used one DisplayLink adapter, so 3 monitors were connected over: DisplayPort, HDMI, DisplayLink. All had worked fine with clam-shell closed. After upgrade to 10.13.4 I installed the latest DisplayLink driver 4.3 beta 2, opened the laptop screen and set it to be cloned to the monitor connected over DisplayLink. DisplayLink driver clones the "main" monitor, i.e. the monitor that has menu bar in "Displays / Arrangement" system preferences. If your built-in display in not the "main" one, just drag menu bar to it in display arrangement settings.

To fix wrong resolution of the cloned screen I used DisableMonitor v1.92 utility, https://github.com/Eun/DisableMonitor. It allows to set any resolution to any connected monitor. My monitor wired over DisplayLink was just 1920x1080, so I enforced the resolution using the utility instead of original retina resolution of the built-in display.

Last edited by strim; 04-13-2018 at 02:30 AM. Reason: More details
strim is offline   Reply With Quote