View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #26
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickbdotcom View Post
Yeah honestly I was thinking the same thing, but was keeping it to myself since that's not really helpful. Maybe they had a dev seed but didn't think to test on a rotatable monitor or have one that reproduced the bug. I remember fixing a bug one time that involved a game being flipped upside on certain videos cards and had no idea until I happened to get a configuration that would replicate it and figure out what was going on. Programming is complicated especially when it's low level and depends on the vagaries of the OS maker. Sounds like they're on the ball now though.

If I had happened to have been running a dev seed I could have let them know about it earlier, but I tend to stay away from OS betas since I don't have the time to test the OS for Apple.
This is very close to what happened, good insight.
But first things first: please continue to keep the feedback coming, even criticism. We make Mac drivers for Mac users and are Mac users ourselves: we know what is the expected user experience.

We don't test thoroughly every developer drop but we do try them, the level of testing depends on the perceived risk in the update. It would be great to have a decent change log with the OS updates from Apple but we live on Earth in 2012 so that's not possible.

In the meanwhile my rotated screen is black: have to fix this issue quickly! Hopefully it will be possible, it's likely that Apple does not test much with rotation now that they have removed the option from the standard interface and don't sell any displays that can be rotated.
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote