View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 08:43 AM   #113
dizash

Just to confirm a couple of things you guys already probably know:

1. The workaround that another user posted a few betas ago and stopped working after one of the updates (Beta 4 or Beta 5): launchctl unload /Library/LaunchAgents/com.displaylink.useragent.plist
THIS CONTINUES NOT TO WORK BUT WAS A GOOD SOURCE OF HOPE DURING EARLIER BETAS.

2. Again, sorry if redundant - the DisplayLink Hardware still shows up in the USB Section of System Information (accessible via "About This Mac").

The OS definitely responds to the device but sadly just to display a constant blank screen.

I wish I could remember the last time I checked "Displays" under system preferences, but it's been at least 2 Betas or so. Under this Pref Pane I used to see the Arrange Tab and the option to gather all screens. It's weird (at least to my level of knowledge) that the above are not present in this pref pane but I guess it makes sense to an extent as I can no longer move the pointer with the trackpad off either the built in display or the one attached via TB. I wish I could remember when this behavior started. I can't say for certain, but it was one of the last Betas (maybe 6?). Prior to that, I could move my pointer to the blacked out screen and take a screen shot which when opened showed the display as it usually looked as if it was hidden behind a black screen sized rectangle.

Thanks to everyone who's been sharing - at least I've had the consolation from my fellow users that their DL hardware is not functioning either.

Hope to see some news soon.....thnx.
dizash is offline   Reply With Quote