View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 04:20 AM   #9
samikrc

Hello Alban,

Thanks for your insightful reply - an interesting case here. So just to see if my understanding is right, the temperature tolerance of the USB3.0 hub used in the docking station is at issue here. When using this docking station from cold condition (e.g., when it has not been used for a few hours etc), or when the ambient temperature is cold, it has (or, is having) trouble in getting started since the temperature is not within tolerance. Is this explanation about right?

Couple of questions:
- Of course you say I shouldn't heat up the box, which makes sense. I am thinking of using a room heater instead to increase the ambient temperature, and see if that works. What do you think?
- Why do you think the other (lenovo) docking station works, although it has the same DP IC and driver? Is it because it is more recent one and the temperature tolerance has been relaxed to be usable for a broader range?
- Would you recommend purchasing a new one like the lenovo one to going forward?
- What does the item# signify? Is it like a batch # or something, denoting when this was manufactured?

Thanks again.
samikrc is offline   Reply With Quote