View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 09:34 AM   #10
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Yes, the hub is not within specification, so nothing is guaranteed to work, ever. In some ways you have been lucky it took so long to show because it's marginal, but it's always been here since you received it.
I know about this one because it's not the first time I have been approached with this.
Temperature may not be enough, that was a general observation. But from what you reported, it seems that the warmer room would help, or not to pay for extra energy, start on USB 2.0 and when the box is warm, swap the cable. USB 2.0 has lower throughput, but it's not noticeable by most as our driver adapts based on what is available.
This issue was corrected by the manufacturer in subsequent revision or batch. I'm not sure what Item is as we are not involved in the fabrication.
All other units and models are not affected because the USB 3.0 hub in the dock is not faulty. This is not an issue with the tolerance or the specification.

Targus has fixed the problem and I have not seen report since the fix. Therefore, you can choose the brand and model you prefer with the assurance you won't see that again.
For instance, the different charging tips system is quite unique to Targus (charging is not DisplayLink technology). Personally, I would base my choice on what I need from it (features, outputs), form factor, then price and brand.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote