View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 07:26 AM   #4
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,
There is no difference in the driver based on which port you are connected. The connection path is not looked at by the driver. There can be a maximum connection depth (hub behind a hub behind a hub), but I don't see it being in play here.
There is an expected difference in characteristics, like power they can deliver, between ports of the same machine based on location, and how much they have been used in the past.

Based on the information I had at the time, and the questions I've had about that monitor model in the past, the most likely explanation was the power.
However, as you now say the monitor is stable with an icon on the screen, that seems unlikely as the symptoms tend to be a reboot loop with screen flashing.

We can see with the logs gathered when connected, what is the status for Windows. The key first information is to see if a device is recognised by Windows.
If it is identified properly, then we can look at the driver side and the logs will tell me what takes place.
If there is no device properly identified, then the issue is before the driver is selected by Windows, so we need to look on the monitor side.

Regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote