View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 11:48 AM   #6
xavierr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboerner View Post
If you temporarily change the one vertical display to a horizontal orientation, does that change the behavior?
My issue is very similar to brdmyldz's, and it is interesting to note that one of the three monitors connected to my DisplayLink is rotated 90 degrees. I will try to connected the rotated monitor directly to my Macbook such that all monitors on the DisplayLink are non-rotated.

Also, I have figured out the following:
- The problem is clearly with the DisplayLink driver. After several hours of working of my computer some of the DisplayLink connected monitors stop responding (can no longer hover my mouse over them), until eventually all the DisplayLink connected monitors turn black.
- I manually kill the DisplayLink 1.4 manager app, restart it, then it works again (note that it can take several minutes to kill the app).
- Also note that when the DisplayLink 1.4 manager app is having issues, it seems to slowly generate heat (macbook fan starts spinning), until eventually kernal_task goes up in CPU usage (up to 1000% in my case). When kernal_task uses a lot of CPU, the entire computer is sluggish.

I have sent my Display Link debug file DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20210719_072538.zip to the Display Link support team.

I hope they will report back.

Thanks,
Xavier
xavierr is offline   Reply With Quote