View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 09:31 PM   #553
heycoop

Default Mojave Driver FAIL on 2018 MBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by strim View Post
Good day,

Confirming that Mac OS 10.14, Mojave works fine with recently released DisplayLink 5.0 driver. My monitors are back without AirPlay crutch.
Hi Strim...what kind of hardware are you running? I can confirm that the Mojave driver does NOT work fine on a new 13" MacBook Pro (w/four Thunderbolt ports). As others on the Internet have noted, the DisplayLink folks have explicitly (and inexplicably) mentioned this in their release notes...

"DisplayLink screens are black with only mouse cursor visible on MacBook Pro 2018 with initial macOS 10.14.0. (28503)"

I'd like to believe that the DisplayLink user community has been more than patient with the company, but this is worse than worthless--my Mac + dock worked just fine on 10.13.6 with the beta driver, but they've now delivered a "release" driver that simply displays a black screen (with cursor). The "release" solution is actually worse than the beta solution, at least for those with the newest hardware. I'm speechless that the company decided that a driver that didn't function on the newest MacBook Pros was worthy of release consideration.

C'mon DisplayLink...we all expect better of you. You should be ashamed.

Last edited by heycoop; 09-24-2018 at 09:58 PM.
heycoop is offline   Reply With Quote