View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 02:10 PM   #4
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbm View Post

1. After the installation, I got exactly what was mentioned in your announcement: It took around 30 seconds until the external Monitors showed a picture again.

2. Unfortunately the picture was not clear. It consisted primarily of black and white and made me remember the picture on old TVs when the antenna signal was sub par. I could barely make out what a window was and what not. So I went to my Surface Screen, opened the control panel and disconnected both external monitors. I did a reboot and expanded my desktop again to all 3 Monitors and the issue was not present anymore. So it was either the reboot or the action in control panel where I disconnected / expanded the desktop. I should have tested that separately.
I forgot to reply to the items!
1. Yes indeed. This will be fixed in the release. It was fixed the day after we did the Alpha! A time out was a bit too long so it was shorten to a more acceptable value.

2. I think this was probably because the monitor was not properly identified and you defaulted to a funky resolution. That default resolution works in most cases but because it was not the native one, the text usually looks out of focus. If there are some issues like that, a monitor replug would be enough as it will force the adapter to read the monitor identification again. A USB replug would work too.

Again thank you for the feedback!

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution