View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 03:31 PM   #5
GTM

Log files attached. Note that since the instructions in the "How can I report Windows installation issues to DisplayLink" article seemed to be for problems with the installation or removal of the DisplayLink software, and that isn't what my problem is, here are the steps I followed to create the log files for my specific problem:

1. Download 'Windows DisplayLink Support Tool'.
2. Run the tool.
3. Click on 'Advanced Options'.
4. Check the "On" radio button under 'Advanced Installer Logging'.
5. Check the "On" radio button under 'Advanced DisplayLink Logging'.
6. Switch the external TV tuner from its default 'PC mode' (where it displays the PC video signal only) to 'full-screen TV mode' (where it displays the TV signal only). THIS MODE WORKS FINE.
7. Switch the external TV tuner back to 'PC mode' after ~ 10 seconds in 'full-screen TV' mode.
8. Switch the external TV tuner from 'PC mode' to 'window TV' mode (where it displays the PC video signal and the TV signal in a small always-on-top window). THIS MODE DOES NOT WORK: instead, it displays a partial PC video signal and no TV video signal. It stays in this mode for ~ 5 seconds and then reverts to 'full-screen TV' mode on its own (this must be a feature of the external TV tuner).
9. Click on 'Gather Support Information'.
10. Click the "Turn Off" radio button under 'Advanced Installer Logging'.
11. Click the "Turn Off" radio button under 'Advanced DisplayLink Logging'.
12. Close the tool.

So basically I didn't install or uninstall the DisplayLink software, and I didn't reboot my PC. If the steps I followed are incorrect, please let me know how to correct them and I'll send a new log.

Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: zip DESKTOP-30G3GMI_20170423_095405.zip (1.88 MB, 3 views)
GTM is offline   Reply With Quote