View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 03:46 AM   #83
toywrc

just wanted to share my observation regarding this problem... I also had the high CPU and memory usage, downloaded and installed latest update from displaylink (i have Lenovo USB 3.0 Ultra dock running dual monitors) still the same problem.

So adjusted performance settings to custom and just checked smooth edges on screen fonts and smooth scroll list boxes. Immediately upon applying settings CPU usage went down from 75% to 4%. So I guess thats a good workaround for now.

However when I let my wife log into her account (both are admin accounts) to check whether the performance settings were carried over to her profile... to my surprise it was still on the default "Let windows choose whats best" setting. Went to check CPU usage and they are all low usage 4%. Thought thats weird. basically we have identical profile and same apps loaded. Now I wonder if there is something wrong with my profile and all these problems are related to it.

I will try to create a new profile and log on to that.... will be reporting back.