View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 12:26 AM   #235
John Williams

Default Thanks DisplayLink f*&@k Apple

Seriously the fanboi is strong on this thread.

According to most people here, Apple has no accountability for its changes, it can do what it wants and then we can rant at other software houses at any breaking changes. Sorry guys that's not how software development works unless your a maverick.

Displaylink compatibility is not a feature, its a core expectation of users including me. We are not comparing DisplayLink to a breaking change in a computer game. The footprint of DisplayLink across enterprise and small shops is massive. What the heck is Apple's testing procedure? Absolutely nothing beyond their own blinkered view of the world.

Yes DisplayLink have had 30 days preview of this and they should have been quicker to the draw explaining there are some serious breaking changes here, but what do we get from Apple, nothing, no response, a nonchalant shrug of the shoulders.

Sadly I have to use Apple for some development work but these guys treat their customers like dirt, problem is people seem to enjoy it.

To the DisplayLink devs keep up the work, I know what its like working on something in a pressure cooker environment, especially when you are supposed to magic a solution from a problem that didn't exist. Apple do not play a team game, history shows that.
John Williams is offline   Reply With Quote