View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 09:56 PM   #7
GTM

I'm only using one monitor - the Acer P221W.

If I set the resolution from the Windows desktop (right-click --> Display settings --> Advanced display settings --> Resolution) to 1280 x 1024, and then set the TV tuner box resolution to the same 1280 x 1024 resolution (using its on-screen configuration menu), I get essentially the same results that I've been getting: in 'full-screen TV' mode the entire TV video signal is perfectly visible (as it should be), but in 'window TV' mode I see almost the entire PC video signal (a bit of the bottom is truncated) - more than when the resolution of the TV tuner and the resolution set in Windows matched - but NO TV SIGNAL AT ALL, and after a few seconds in 'window TV' mode the TV tuner box reverts back to 'full-screen TV' mode on its own.

Should I be concerned about USB errors filling the logs? What are these errors? It seems important that you can't see what resolution the UD-3900 is sending.

What about the lack of the EDID file from the monitor: is that a concern? Why is it missing? I'm using a 3rd-party DVI-to-VGA adapter that I purchased, instead of the DVI-to-VGA adapter that was shipped with the UD-3900. I believe I've tried both, but I can retry the one that was shipped with the UD-3900 if you think that could matter.

What about the driver for the UD-3900: am I using the most recent version? Could that matter in this case?
GTM is offline   Reply With Quote