View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 06:14 PM   #1
atatistcheff

Default Display Server Crashes

First of all I know this is an issue that is supposedly on the Apple side and there's apparently nothing DisplayLink can do about it. However I have two reasons for posting this. 1. To keep awareness that there is still an issue affecting some users making the product almost unusable. 2. To see if there are any workarounds or configurations I can try which might avoid the issue.

The issue is the display server crashing causing me to logout and lose any unsaved work. This is becoming a real pain and I'm considering returning the USB adapter I purchased. I simply can't afford to lose my work multiple times a day because the driver is crashing the display server. I'm not doing anything radical like full screen operations, just normal browsing, editing docs, etc.

I've tried all the latest drivers and even going back to v2.2 and the problem persists. My configuration is a MBP 13 inch running OSX 10.10.3. I have one external monitor connected via the Displayport and one via a Diamond USB 3.0 adapter. At seemingly random times during the day the displayserver will crash logging me out and closing all running apps. Sometimes I can go a day without it happening and sometimes it happens twice a day.

Any assistance would be appreciated, I really don't want to give up and go back to one monitor!
atatistcheff is offline   Reply With Quote