View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 08:19 PM   #12
Chris Arnold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargusLevel3 View Post
Targus is aware of a hardware issue that has been diagnosed with some model ACP70 Universal Docking Stations Items number 60 and lower. This issue is most easily recognized in the Windows Device Manager where no USB Display Adapters and no Targus Giga Ethernet Network adapters are present. It is also when neither of the dock’s display ports or Ethernet ports work at all. The issue is intermittent and temperature dependent over time, showing up mostly at colder temperatures. Manufacturing has produced at ECN for a workaround for all newly manufactured docks but for deployed units that exhibit the misbehavior, please contact Targus for a free exchange.

NOTE, THIS ASSUMES THAT THE PC AND ITS DISPLAY ADAPTOR AND USB 3.0 HOST CONTROLLER ARE UP TO DATE. ALSO, THIS IS ONLY FOR MODEL ACP70 ITEM 60 OR ITEM 51, see the bottom of the dock.
Unreal!!! God bless the internet. Using a blowdryer got my docking station to work again! I would never have figured that out on my own. I work in a relatively cool basement, and I guess the docking station is incompatible with that arrangement. I went through tier 1 support, and they could not fix the problem. This thread was the answer. I'm still within my 3-year warranty. May I please have a new docking station, too?

Mine is a #51. I've been working with support since last week, and went through every update I could do: BIOS, displaylink drivers, Nvidia drivers, windows updates, etc....
Attached Files
File Type: zip CHRISARNOLD-PC_20150327_163111.zip (623.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Chris Arnold; 03-30-2015 at 08:23 PM.
Chris Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote