View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 05:14 PM   #4
Glenn Sliva

I have a similar problem.

Setup: Dell Precision 3520 Notebook with I7-7700HQ (2.80 GHz Q4)
16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 Ram
Nvidia Quadro M620 Display Card with 2GB GDDR5 memory
Intel HD Graphics 630
USB Type C port plus others etc

At the office I connect to a Dell Dock D6000 into the USB-C port on the notebook 3520.
The Dell monitor P4317Q Monitor is connected using the high bandwidth DisplayPort to DisplayPort on the D6000 dock with keyboard + mouse antennae, Ethernet Internet cable, power too. All feeds through the C Port on the notebook.

The Dock through DisplayLink only allows the Intel HD Graphics 630 to pass to the monitor never using the high power of the onboard Nvidia Card. If I'm running for example AutoCad 3D or pushing 4K UHD video. I run this on the notebook alone and confirm it's using the Nvidia Card for high power 3D or I force it to use the Nvidia Card in settings.

My solution is to direct connect the monitor using a DisplayPort to USB-C and then connect the Dell Dock 6000 to a USB3.0 port. Don't need the dock just connect the monitor and several connections including separate power. Seems like a waste to have the dock this way.

Anyway your thoughts and help are much appreciated. Sounds like a Windows 10 Pro and Nvidia Problem not DisplayLink.

Thanks for you help in advance.
Glenn Sliva is offline   Reply With Quote