View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 04:34 AM   #1
andrewrh3

Default Extended monitor repeatedly blurs

Anytime I am surfing the web or using web-based email, the extended screen will "un-focus" (i.e., the text will go blurry) and then "re-focus" (i.e., become clear / readable) every time I click a link or scroll down a page with my scroll wheel. I'd say the text stays blurry for 2-4 seconds before re-focusing. (I tried taking a screenshot for you, but the screenshots always paste fine, i.e., nothing is blurry.)

I just returned and bought a new dock (returned the Kensington sd300v for the Toshiba dynanock V, which also uses displaylink technology), and I have the same problem - when browsing the internet, anytime I click a link or scroll rapidly, the extended screen turns fuzzy for a few seconds before refocusing. I think it must be the software as both brands of the dock have the identical problem and are from different manufacturers. A previous (non-Displaylink) dock with the same computer and extended monitor did not have any problems. Please let me know what other information I can give you to help solve this problem.

I am using Windows 7 (64-bit). My computer, a HP dm3t, has switchable graphics - the nVidia G105M and the Intel HD integrated graphics. I have downloaded the newest drivers for my video card.

Last edited by andrewrh3; 03-24-2010 at 08:49 PM.