View Single Post
Old 08-07-2021, 09:37 PM   #7
Ghorelick

Unhappy

So thanks to this thread I am able to SORTA set up my 2 LG 4k Ultrafine monitors using Moshi USB-C to DisplayPort Cables (bidirectional support) through a Dell D6000 and ultimately connected with my 2020 MacBook Pro M1. Thanks to the OP for posting their experiences!

So why is this only SORTA set up?I still can't get this to show both monitors! If I only connect one monitor, ultimately it will display. But if I connect both then I'm staring into the black abyss on both monitors.

What am I doing wrong?? my computer definitely recognizes both monitors (I can see 3 displays in the System Preferences), I have both at 1920 x 1080, both at 60 mHz. I'm running DisplayLink Manager 1.4.0 and BigSur 11.5.1. Both cables are plugged into the TB3 ports of the monitors. I know the cables are working because when I test each monitor individually with each cable the monitor will display. I know both DisplayPorts are working because I tested each monitor individually on each port.

Should I be connecting each monitor with its own cable to the D6000? should I daisy chain one monitor to the other, then to the hub and then to my laptop? Should I connect one monitor to the laptop and one to the hub? Should one be connected to the hub via DisplayPort and the other via HDMI?

Any advice is appreciated!

Last edited by Ghorelick; 08-07-2021 at 09:40 PM.
Ghorelick is offline   Reply With Quote