View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
tsanikgr

Default Windows 8 + NVidia 9300M GS black screen

*** NOTE!!
This configuration worked in the past with exactly the same hardware on Windows 7 and Windows 8 Release Preview. So there should be a way to fix it!!!!

*** HARDWARE
- SainSonic UG19D1 USB 2.0 (DisplayLink DL-195 Chipset)
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

-Sony vaio VGN z790 laptop which has a hybrid graphics system (NVidia Geforce 9300M GS + Intel GMA 4500MHD).

-2 external 1920 x 1200 Dell screens to the HDMI (provided by the NVidia card) and the DisplayLink adaptor.

*** SOFTWARE
Windows 8 Pro
Displayink latest drivers (7.1 M1)
Nvidia Driver version 186.84 (8.15.11.86.84) (Automatically installed by windows - other drivers I can tried do not work)

*** PROBLEM
I am experiencing very similar issues as the ones described here:
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1976

In particular:
When attaching the Displaylink device while logged in, the 3rd screen is recognized and can be enabled.
-If I enable just the 2 identical external displays, the HDMI screen displays normally, the DisplayLink screen turns on and remains black. I can move the mouse and windows over it, but I cannot see anything.

-If I enable all three screens, DisplayLink displays a black screen (but signal is available and screen turns on), HDMI screen displays normally, laptop screen turns on and remains black, and the computer hangs. I cannot see/move the mouse. The issue can be solved by either unplugging the DisplayLink adapter, or pressing Windows key + P to switch display mode to a single screen. So the computer still receives events from keyboard, i.e. just the displays are frost.

I repeat, exactly the same configuration worked in previous version of windows and previous drivers!!!

I have tried everything:
-installing previous drivers / disconnecting from the internet so that they don't update automatically
-installing/connecting cables in every possible sequence
-running windows compatibility modes
etc...

I am attaching the debug logs, let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nikos
Attached Files
File Type: zip NIKOS-VAIO_20130312_171543.zip (1.39 MB, 0 views)

Last edited by tsanikgr; 03-12-2013 at 04:33 PM.
tsanikgr is offline   Reply With Quote