View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #24
jdmueller84

Wow. Over a month with this problem and not ONE word from DisplayLink. What I find amazing is that the dev version of 10.8.1 has been in the works for several months as well. Apple is getting ready to release 10.8.2 for developers already. How is DisplayLink going to support their product if they already can't resolve this issue now?

I have been forced to backup and reload and use a copy of OSX Lion. This is a HUGE pain as I have had to remove the HD and use another one as to preserve my system until DisplayLink fixes the bugs.

The idea of this product is great. When they work they are really a genius idea. It takes your machine to a new level without much investment. However, I have now returned 2 14" Lenovo external displays as well as my Macbook Air that I used them with. I must say I am extremely disappointed with DisplayLink and I think EVERYONE with this problem should keep posting.

DisplayLink DESERVES as much negative press over this as possible. It may help them decide to release products with properly tested drivers, ect. As I said in another post... It is one thing if it just doesn't work. However, this is rendering my systems unusable and I have been forced to change my OS to Lion, and I am not able to keep my main dev machine updated properly (which is a big problem for someone trying to use the latest tools to build iOS apps, ect).
jdmueller84 is offline   Reply With Quote