View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 11:22 PM   #1
fraber

Default Ubuntu 18.04 with Dell D3100 docking station - various bugs

Hi!

I'm trying to get my Dell D3100 docking station to work with my brand new Dell XPS 15 9570. I exactly followed the instructions here. I disabled nouveou driver, and went for the proprietary NVidia driver.

I got various errors:

- Plugging in the USB after login, I once(!) got my two Full-HD screens connected to the D3100 with an Ubuntu logo
- Other times I just see one screen, while the other is black.
- Other times the mouse just freezes. Or I can still move the mouse, but there is no reaction to mouse clicks anymore.
- The Ubuntu Screen manager is buggy when trying to move monitors around. Parts of the display don't refresh, so that pixels stick around ugly, but this is just cosmetic.
- Also, there is a bug in the video display around the mouse cursor, both in the laptop screen and on the DisplayLink monitors (minor).

I also tried the various workarounds here on the site, but all of them crash X-Server directly after login.

I've included the output of the DL Linux support tool below.

I could also provide somebody from DisplayLink with remote access via OpenVPN to the machine in order to reproduce the issue. Just contact me.

Cheers
Frank
Attached Files
File Type: zip DLSupportTool_Output_2019-05-01T00%3A39%3A29.171678.zip (248.3 KB, 0 views)
fraber is offline   Reply With Quote