View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #4
prologix

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozi View Post
I just purchased a Mimo and I'm very disappointed to find out that I couldn't run it on 2008R2 or 2003 (32bit).

I can understand the reason for not supporting an OS (dev time, testing, etc.) but please don't block the install. It would be nice just to have a pop-up that says "Hey this is unsupported OS. Do you want to continue?" I can't see any reason to block 2008R2 it's just Win7 with server licensing even the build numbers are the same.

Please. At least remove the block and sign the driver for R2.
I am in absolute agreement here. This is silly. Don't support it sure even though it's driver architecture is 99% of Windows 7, same core kernel etc.. but don't block the install.

As a tip you can download the very first beta and it does work on R2 but it's slow and buggy with screen refresh on my setup. Dunno if it's an Aero thing or not but it takes sometimes 4 to 5 seconds to switch between windows and this is on a fast Raid 0, Quad core machine.

Again we've had almost 100 views and 3 ppl post. I'm certain this is a larger problem than most are even posting and we've yet to see anything from the Display link staff even noting that we exist. If we don't get an answer in the next week or so I'm returning mine for a full refund at Sam's. That is where I bought it and I'll just buy a different solutions. It's a real shame this solution and our questions go unsupported and unanswered for so long. I'm sure we are going to get a post that says "IT'S BETA YOU IDIOT" and I totally understand that it is but having 0 communication with the dev team is also unacceptable too. Especially if they have this forum for communication and feedback for issues.

Last edited by prologix; 10-08-2009 at 01:43 PM.