View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 06:29 PM   #23
Gamer

Thumbs down

I couldn't care less anymore, my U70 is already on its way back to the dealer. But my system remains messed up from your crappy drivers - I cannot uninstall them even after hours of trying everything, and I still cannot watch videos anymore, nothing but flashing screen! I wonder how this affects the lifespan of the backlighting...

I tried installing the drivers on a completely different machine (ATI onboard graphics) - watching videos (we always talk about main screen here) worked there. But also here it was simply impossible to uninstall the drivers! This really proves it is not a configuration problem, it's simply incredibly bad programming.

I haven't experienced something like this since W98 - a driver that is obviously programmed in a way that it can never be removed again, a driver that might prevent your main video card from being recognised, and that disables video playback on your system, and that survives even system restore! And I really have lots and lots of devices, also exotic ones, believe me.

Using DisplayLink is a nightmare, I'll never touch it again. Thanks for all the wasted time.

An appropriate review (or better call it a "warning") will show up on Amazon soon.