View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 01:04 AM   #25
Gamer

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rys View Post
Hi,

Had the same problem as you. You have to remove both DisplayLink Graphics and DisplayLink Core under Control Panel->Programs and Features.
You think I did not try this in the 10+ hours I wasted day & night? Sorry, it's not your fault, but I'm really, really pissed...

DisplayLink Core is what cannot be uninstalled on either machine ("Still in use...", "Severe error..." even if everything else was removed - or seemed to be removed - there are still 3 additional monitors in Device Manager - try removing those and lose access to your video card!!). Two machines, totally different configurations, same error. This is just plain bad programming. Probably some hacks the customer has to pay the price for.

The only reason I'm still writing here is to help others to avoid this nightmare. As I said, I already returned the unit and will definitely never touch this so-called "technology" again.

Look at the FAQ... It states "There are some other solutions which are all inferior to DisplayLink..." Such arrogance really drives me mad.