View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 04:21 PM   #38
aurelius

Default acer notebook with ati x1100 and samsung u70

Hi there!

Yesterday, I tried to get my U70 work with an acer notebook that has Ati x1100 graphics (on win7 RC). Yes, it's a quite weak notebook, I know well.
Installed driver, got the cables plugged, and nothing happened. Restart, hit, kick, everything... I tried to search for some docs listing what graphics adapters are supported, but couldn't find.
I'm not quite sure, but as I see, in order to get it work, we have to use a little stronger graphics card. Am I right?
Don't misinterpret, I have no problem with it - apart from i can't use U70 with that laptop . If it needs a more powerful graphics card to work correctly, so be it.
By the way, there's a fresh install of a Win7 Ultimate N on my desktop pc, and tonight I will test whether the graphics performance still degrades.
Will write the results back here

Greetings!

Edit1:
Nice job. Now, when i plugged the U70, Win7 quickly took your driver from windows update, installed, and without a reboot, it works perfectly! Real step ahead compared to a few months ago!
Supper, reboot, and try the games perf.

Edit2:
Monitors are set to turn off after 15 mins. Now when I came back, main display turned on, but the little (U70) did not. I could use it only after a reboot. It's a little bit annoying, but go on.

Edit3:
After a day, I can not get my smaller display (U70) work, only after unplug and replug the usb cable. It does not start even after login. Just shows it's powered off. Strange.

Last edited by aurelius; 11-14-2009 at 01:54 PM.