View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #33
paulwesterberg

Default dual graphics card with displaylink usb & windows 7

I am having problems with my arkview displaylink usb adapter on windows 7 64 bit. At one point I got it to work, but it failed after rebooting the system and it has not worked since. Multiple uninstalls and reinstalls have failed to fix the issue. Things I have tried:

run as administrator
compatability mode - windows vista
arkview drivers 5.2 10/27/09
displaylink drivers 5.2.22663 12/08/2009

I have the following fatal error in my event viewer:

Product: VB Installer Installation -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action SMSI_Parse_String_P1_185 script error -2146827859, Microsoft VBScript runtime error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'SMSIConvert.SMSICustom' Line 1828, Column 1,

Even though this event is logged it seems as though the install completes successfully but my monitor does not get activated and the led light on the adapter does not light up. If I unplug the adapter and plug it in again windows "detects" the device and "installs" the appropriate driver, but it doesn't work. The adapter was working on windows vista for a while and I am convinced that this is a software issue.