View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 09:33 PM   #25
davbryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbryan View Post
I'm going to give this thread some new life.

I'm seeing some strange delays on my second monitor when I watch videos online. It's only when I go through Firefox which is version 70.0.1

Windows 10 version 1903 -- here shortly going to updating to 1909 -- once released by MS.

The issue only happens when I'm watching videos on the second monitor and I don't have That scree active. Meaning I'm watching it, but I'm actually working in a different screen. The audio does continue to play but the video either lags or just stops playing entirely. If I move my mouse over to the screen, within about 2 seconds it instantly catches up.

Seems like some kind of setting causes it to stop operating at best capacity when it's not the active Window.

I have an AMD ryzen 7 turbo up to 3.8 ghz normal is 2.6 Ghz 12 GB's of RAM. I do have USB 3.0 and it's using a 3.0 connection.

All of my drivers are updated.

Please note that if I use Windows media player the issue doesn't seem to happen at all.

I've checked Firefox settings and based on Mozilla's recommendations I'm set at what I should.

I've had the issue since the 1800 version numbers, and Firefox versions during that same time frame.

Whatever information you need I'll be happy to provide.

If I remember right my hardware isn't running overly hard when this happens either.
To add more information -- according to my purchase history it looks like my version of display link is UD-3900
davbryan is offline   Reply With Quote