Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2024, 02:54 PM   #1
billith

Unhappy Can't click menu items in Mac OS Sonoma

When click into a menu in any app in Mac OS, the menu appears but my cursor doesn't hightlight any of the menu items and clicking them does nothing. I am also having a similar problem with the Messages app; clicking on any of the message threads does nothing.

I have Sonoma 14.5 and am using Tobenone hardware (model UDS033). Displaylink is 1.10.2 (Build 14). Mouse is connected via USB dongle (Basilisk X Hyperspeed).

I haven't had any issues in the past, this just started happening a few days ago. I can't think of any changes I made that could have caused this.

Disconnecting the hub fixes the issue (using my Macbook Air trackpad) but the Macbook Air trackpad exhibits the same behavior when the hub is plugged in.

Noticing some other odd behavior too: there seems to be cursor lag (the cursor takes a while to transform into the different versions based on where you are hovering); and this is also a problem when you are trying to resize a window (the cursor won't change into the arrow version of itself).

Last edited by billith; 06-02-2024 at 03:08 PM.
billith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 10:57 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by billith View Post
When click into a menu in any app in Mac OS, the menu appears but my cursor doesn't hightlight any of the menu items and clicking them does nothing. I am also having a similar problem with the Messages app; clicking on any of the message threads does nothing.

I have Sonoma 14.5 and am using Tobenone hardware (model UDS033). Displaylink is 1.10.2 (Build 14). Mouse is connected via USB dongle (Basilisk X Hyperspeed).

I haven't had any issues in the past, this just started happening a few days ago. I can't think of any changes I made that could have caused this.

Disconnecting the hub fixes the issue (using my Macbook Air trackpad) but the Macbook Air trackpad exhibits the same behavior when the hub is plugged in.

Noticing some other odd behavior too: there seems to be cursor lag (the cursor takes a while to transform into the different versions based on where you are hovering); and this is also a problem when you are trying to resize a window (the cursor won't change into the arrow version of itself).
If you have not done so already, I would suggest reporting this issue to DisplayLink directly by following the process outlined here --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 11:38 AM   #3
billith

Thanks. I did that. And then I did some more testing and eventually figured out that the problem is the mouse (Basilisk X Hyperspeed). I think the issue popped up on a recent Mac OS Sonoma 14.5 update. So I'm using a different mouse for now.
billith is offline   Reply With Quote