Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2015, 09:52 PM   #1
Runaway

Default USB to HDMI install problem

First I want to say I was running Windows 7 with the adapter with no problems. Then I decided to upgrade to Windows 10, found the driver package on-line and the adaptor work fine.
Then I had some issues with Windows 10 and reverted back to Windows 7 and that's where the problem began. I couldn't get the adaptor to work again. I tried to go and uninstall the adaptor and got an error message to the effect "THIS FEATURE YOU ARE TRYING TO USE IS ON A NETWORK RESOURCE THAT IS UNAVAILABLE"
So I in the meantime upgraded back to Windows 10 hoping it would resolve the adaptor problem. I still get the same message. From what I can tell I am missing a file(s) of some sort: {9E05C4E3-6D78-4B3C-814E-1B0842EA6E52}\42EA6E5\DisplayLinkCore.msi. The Graphic File has a similar message come up only its file name is: {D4E59837-8AEA-4903-*8A3D-27010D23E943}\0D23E94\DisplayLinkCore.msi.
I downloaded the Windows 10 driver package again and try to run it Ver 7.9M3 I believe it is. During the install it send an error message to the effect not being able to uninstall current version... The current version is 7.7.59503.0

I hope this makes sense to you, I'm trying to be as thorough as I can. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Runaway is offline   Reply With Quote