Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2023, 06:03 PM   #1
kwilliam208

Default Display Link Crashing 30s after starting

BLUF: Turns out theres a spcific order or operations connecting my dongle, cant just plug it in with monitors attatched :/

Im running M2 15" macBook Air with a UtechSmart dongle that has 2hdmi & 1 vga out, Worked flawlessly for about a week then display link started having trouble recognising my dongle as a display link compatable one, now if im lucky itll recognise it and work for about 30s then suddenly display link crashes, dissapears out of the menue bar and external monitors go blank, I have a zip file collected by the display link information tool but I couldnt upload it to the proper page as there was no "paperclip" icon displayed and it was rather difficult to do in the 30s windows I had. I have some error/fault messages I found in console that read as follows:

dock error/fault in console says:
"Invalid display 0x00000019" then
"Missing display uuid for displayID 25"

displayLink UserAgent error says:
"Couldn't read values in CFPrefsPlistSource<0x6000021fe6d0> (Domain: <private>.com.displaylink.DisplayLinkShared, User: kCFPreferencesAnyUser, ByHost: Yes, Container: (null), Contents Need Refresh: Yes): Using kCFPreferencesAnyUser with a container is only allowed for System Containers, detaching from cfprefsd"
" com.apple.Display.VirtualDisplayMetrics event not enabled in CoreAnalytics config"

these did not use to appear as it used to work flawlessly, kinda scratching my head at this point, debating uninstalling & reinstalling the driver but not sure where to even start that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Ive since learned if I dont follow the below steps in the correct order display link will crash
starting with everything disconnected
1. plug monitors into dongle
2. start display link mannager
3. plug in dongle
4. let displays load & arrange how desired
5. plug in charger/power to dongle
6. close laptop

also I have one of the most common work setups ever, main display is 2 total displays (Both hdmi) one going to a projector & one a LG monitor, if I dont (optimize) for the projector it wigs out, and if I have my 2nd monitor to the right (like it is on my desk, it blacks out 80% of the screen & just shows the far edge, have to put it on top or opposite side, I cant be the only one with this issue

Last edited by kwilliam208; 11-10-2023 at 06:47 PM.
kwilliam208 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#displaylinkcrashing