Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #5
Dan
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 104
Default

As I've said a few times before - I'm not aware of Linux support for hotpluggable display adapters.

There is some experimental stuff going on, but I don't think it's primetime.

The effort required to make this work is beyond DisplayLink's capability at present - it was already there withing Windows, which made our life considerably easier (and obviously it was also a much bigger market).

There is adequate support for our DL2 support already upstream in the kernel for the framebuffer, but more is required from the generic desktop supportj which is way outside of our area.

I'd love for something magic to change this, but not desperately hopeful...
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.