Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2014, 01:23 PM   #1
bawjkt

Smile Blackouts after 4-7 seconds of display UGA

Hi -

Have been impressed with this product (plugable UGA-2K-A) since its purchase in 2011.

Hooked it up again today (years later) and was quite pleased that it fired right up.

It worked well and nonstop for hours, then I put my laptop to sleep. When I came back, and woke up the machine, the UG-connected display woke up, then blacked out after about 5 seconds.

Now it only displays for about 4-7 seconds after a boot, change of display settings, UGA hardware plugin etc.

* I downloaded fresh plugable software today prior to install

* I updated my Intel display drivers (only behind about a month) with Win7Vista64 151719 drivers; they reported installed (although driver date in DevMan did not change)

* Implemented all USB power-shutoff recommendations at http://www.fixedbyvonnie.com/2013/11.../#.VGDFRvmUfjH

rebooted with new settings, new drivers - still, the UGA connected display pops up nicely, says hello, then blacks out within 4-7 seconds.

As mentioned earlier, I ran the plugable diag tool and got a warning that intel display drivers were slightly out of date, so updated them.

No other warnings, all passes from the tool.

ran the diag tool again just now so as to provide latest snapshot, results attached.

other info:
Acer 1825PTZ
Windows Ultimate Win 7
Windows update turned off
Connected directly to USB
sometimes get messages that 'this USB device can run faster if connected to a highspeed port'
DevMan shows about 6 USB hubs, including virtuals

As soon as I adjust display setting reboot, or whatever, I get a good 4-7 second glimpse, but the monitor shuts off after that. This UGA was driving this monitor for years without event. But now I am using a different laptop and getting this issue.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1825A_20141110_221211.zip (515.5 KB, 1 views)
bawjkt is offline   Reply With Quote