Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2016, 08:25 AM   #1
mbl70

Default Incompatible display driver for Intel HD 530

Hi,
We have a problem running DisplayLink on a Intel 6th generation motherboard (ASRock H170M) that has Intel HD 530 graphics onboard. The operating system is Windows 8. The DisplayLink version is the one that installs from Windows Update (DL 7.7.60366.0). It runs fine on a 5th generation Intel motherboard with another Intel HD Graphics adapter. As the error indicates, the Intel HD 530 graphics uses a newer version of the WDDM. I have therefore tried to install the newest version of DisplayLink 7.9 M7 - but this fails with a message "that the operating system is not supported". I have then tried to install Windows 10 on this Intel 6th generation motherboard (ASRock H170M) - and here I can install and run DisplayLink 7.9 M7 without issues sofar. So it seems to me that the newer 7.9 versions are maybe not compatible with Windows 8 - but it is compatible with Windows 8.1, this has also been tested.
Please let me know if Windows 8 is not supported and perhaps let me know the registry key you are checking for operating system version.

Regards,
Morten
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2902.jpg (35.4 KB, 3 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip ERM1_20160626_181430.zip (1.10 MB, 2 views)
mbl70 is offline   Reply With Quote