Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2013, 01:51 AM   #24
yellohaus
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Default Latest DisplayLink software is not working in Windows 8

My setup is as follows:
Toshiba Satellite C875 laptop
Windows 8 (64bit)
Toshiba Dynadock u3.0 (brand new)
Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0100 (Microsoft) USB3.0 drivers
Intel HD graphics 4000
Installed 'DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows*' 7.1 M0 21DEC2012

I have gone through the thread 'HOWTO: Debugging issues on Windows with DisplayLink' and verified that everything is installed correctly.
The Displaylink software is installed correctly and the service is running. In device manager->USB Display Adapters, there are two items, DisplayLink Display Adapter (4305) and dynadock U3.0.

When I plug the dynadock in, the keyboard and mouse work, but no display. There is no Displaylink icon in the system tray even when I plug the dock in. I have a monitor plugged into the dvi connector in the dynadock.
When I leave the usb cable to the dynadock plugged in (to either USB2.0 or USB3.0 ports), every so often I get a window that pops up saying 'Displaylink software configuration->Please wait while your dynadock is being updated' but nothing changes.


I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Displaylink software several times and nothing I do seems to produce an icon in the system tray. (I'm checking when the dynadock is plugged in)
I have plugged the dynadock into a USB2.0 slot and a USB3.0 slot and same result. It appears that the software is installed correctly, but I can not get the display to work, nor even see the DisplayLink icon.
Any thoughts on what's going on would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip OFFICELAPTOP_20130113_184453.zip (841.3 KB, 1 views)
yellohaus is offline  
 

Tags
direct 3d, intel hd, netflix, nvidia optimus, windows 8


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.