Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 11:50 PM   #1
mourngrym1969
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5
Default Don't Waste Your Time

From what I have been able to observe, and my personal experience with their products on the Operating Systems they INDICATE they support (OSX), I would not waste my time on anything that DisplayMate provides chips for on anything other than Windows. They don't fully support OSX, even for products that they say support OSX (see multiple resolution problems with their USB display adapters) and they stopped frequenting these support forums some time ago.

Shame, I bought the EVGA UV16 specifically because it SAID full OSX support, wish I had not wasted my money.

They work fine in Windows, but not what I bought it for (Mac Mini needing third full resolution monitor).

Good luck!
mourngrym1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
dcoulson
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 55
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mourngrym1969 View Post
They work fine in Windows, but not what I bought it for (Mac Mini needing third full resolution monitor).
I am using the NewerTech/OWC DisplayLink adapter with my MacMini for a third display just fine. What isn't working with your configuration?
dcoulson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:45 AM   #3
mourngrym1969
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5
Default Full Resolution

Returned the adapter.

What it did not do was support my Dell 24" monitor at full 1920x1200 resolution in Mac OSX version 10.6.x (any version I tried). Max was 1600x1200... same adapter, same monitor, connected to Windows 7 supports full resolution at 1920x1200 just fine.

I realize it likely really BLOWS to be an Apple developer, particularly for non-branded Apple compatible components. They provide little to no developer assistance, provide little to no information on their hardware driver stack and don't really care if a 3rd party ever gets their product to work. If Apple feels like a product serves a market segment, they come out with their own version of it that works perfectly in their environment, but they control their graphics stack.

I just didn't have time to wait for DisplayLink to figure it out. I wish them luck.
mourngrym1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.