Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
computersoftware121
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1
Default

He had never worked outside of Poland before, and suddenly his duties as training ... It just made me feel that my work is really worth something," he says. ...

The current Secretary-General of UNHCO is H.E. Mr. Hamit Manar.

Last edited by computersoftware121; 10-19-2011 at 11:29 AM.
computersoftware121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
hubeaz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3
Unhappy Not working here either

Just received the HIS MultiView+Sound with HDMI output and installed the DL 1.7 driver (as directed in install procedures) on my 15" MBPro. Downloaded the latest debug tool as advised in other threads and set it to full, and debug mode. Attaching the file to see if anyone @ DisplayLink can see why it's not working on my 24" Dell monitor
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (222.6 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by hubeaz; 02-09-2012 at 05:34 PM.
hubeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
Carlo
Mac Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 606
Default

Looks like the driver is not loading. This is usually an installation issue caused by permissions issues.
Here are the steps:
- Uninstall the DisplayLink driver using the uninstaller in the driver image
- Open Disk Utility
- Select you system disk
- Click on Repair Permissions
- Sit back and wait for it to finish
- Install the DisplayLink driver again

Let us know if the problem persists.
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
hubeaz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3
Default No dice on the suggested fix

Still no dice on getting the display discovered. I ran through the steps suggested. I've attached another info zip file that was ran after the uninstall/permissions repair/re-install/reboot/discover process.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (218.2 KB, 1 views)
hubeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #5
Carlo
Mac Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubeaz View Post
Still no dice on getting the display discovered. I ran through the steps suggested. I've attached another info zip file that was ran after the uninstall/permissions repair/re-install/reboot/discover process.
I checked the PID and it looks like one of the new USB3 devices based on the DL3x00 chip family. If that's the case then I'm sorry but they are not supported yet on Mac and I can't comment about the availability of a driver that will support them.

Please let me know if the manufacturer mentioned Mac support anywhere so we can work with them to correct it.

Thank you
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #6
hubeaz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3
Default

Dang. Got the device from Amazon who listed it here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ms_ohs_product
The title of the product is HIS Multi-View+Sound USB 3.0 HDMI Graphics Adapter (HMVS-MAC-PC) so they just need to update it to remove the 'MAC' portion for now. I'm guessing it will be a while for the 3.0 supported driver, but I do greatly appreciate your help in figuring out why it wasn't working. It'll be a paper weight until a driver get's released Thx.
hubeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #7
hamzakc
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1
Default It worked for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Looks like the driver is not loading. This is usually an installation issue caused by permissions issues.
Here are the steps:
- Uninstall the DisplayLink driver using the uninstaller in the driver image
- Open Disk Utility
- Select you system disk
- Click on Repair Permissions
- Sit back and wait for it to finish
- Install the DisplayLink driver again

Let us know if the problem persists.
I tried to use the display link software for an adapter I just bought. I installed 1.7, 1.8 and 1.6. But none worked. I then repaired my permissions and it worked as soon as I installed the driver (1.7). I am using Snow leopard.

Thanks.
Hamza
hamzakc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.