Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #34
Larsson
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
...
2. dwm.exe crashing when DisplayLink is connected so Aero glass graphics are not available. Larsson - This is on v5.6 M1. Could you try v6.1 M1 and see if you have the same problem?

...
I fixed it. Im not quite sure what did it tho.
What I did was that I cleaned the registry, cleaned every driver that could have a conflict with the graphics. Also found that windows was trying to install parts of ATI drivers? Which was weird since Ive never used ATI at all.
Anyhow, I did all that at the same time. Reboot, download and install everything fresh, aswell as DL drivers. It all seems to works jsut as intended now, tho I am just using the 5.6 drivers(am a bit scared it will f*** up again if I update :P

Thats what I did, and now it works. Not sure what fixed any of it, but that might work for others too? Winupdate was probably the reason if I may guess.

Programs I used was:
CCleaner (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner)
Driver Magician V3.41 (www.drivermagician.com)

Goodluck!
Larsson is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.