Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
RobotGizmo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2
Default

Has there been any update on this issue? I have an Alienware M18x with 2 nVidia GT 675m cards running in SLI, and I get constant blue screens. With the DisplayLink software uninstalled the laptop works perfectly. Is there a plan to support systems with SLI? Thanks!
RobotGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
ZipZap
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
Default NVidia Optimus problems resolved

Hi,

I managed to get a new Targus USB 3.0 Dual Video Adapter (Displaylink 3900 based) working in my Lenovo W520 notebook under Windows 7 Pro. My W520 has NVidia Optimus with Quadro 1000m and Intel HD 3000 graphics.

After installing the latest Displaylink software, v6.3, my machine was BSOD, among other woes.

To resolve this, I went into the BIOS, set graphics to Discrete only, and disabled O/S detection. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled the Displaylink software.

After that, I rebooted into BIOS, reset graphics to Optimus, rebooted, and everything is working.

I hope this helps.

Best, ZZ
ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
RobotGizmo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2
Default

I used to have a T520 and had similar problems as well. I also found that forcing discrete graphics in the bios fixed the issues. With my new laptop, it has 2 nVidia cards running in SLI, which apparently the DisplayLink drivers don't like. I've already forced the bios to use discrete graphics only, but it didn't solve it in this case.
RobotGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
kleineMax
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
Default

This needs to be fixed!

I have also Win7 x64 and the nvidia control panel is not wokring if I plug in my Samsung Syncmaster U70, the same counts for Nvidia PhysX.
Every game that uses PhysX warns me when i switch the hardware-acceleration on and tells me that its not supported by my GPU. As soon as i unplug my U70 these warnings are gone.

If the problem is Nvidia not allowing another "GPU"-like device then find a way to mask your driver as a non GPU.

You developt this technology, it should be the problem of users if it is not working with other standard hardware (nvidia is the biggest standard in GPU-hardware)

System:
Win7 x64 Ultimate SP1
Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 with 314.07 driver
Samsung Syncmaster with 7.1 M1 Displaylink Driver
kleineMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #5
Darkphox
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1
Default Fix

KleineMax,

I had a similar problem, but have solved my issues. I hope what I did may help you out.

I had Nvidia drivers 310.90, and display link 6.1 installed. Everything was peachy. Installed 314.07 driver and now every time i start windows i get a popup that windows desktop manager has crashed. IE worked, but every time i closed it i had a popup saying it encountered an error and needed to close. I reverted to 310.90 and everything worked fine again.

I recently reformatted my drive, and encountered the error again with fresh installs of 314.07 and display link driver 6.1. I went to their driver page (link below), and downloaded display link driver 7.1m1. Installed, restarted and everything works like it should now. For some reason, windows automatically installs 6.1m0, even though newer drivers are available (several versions of 6.1, 7.0, and 7.1). Try this, and see if it works for you.

link:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php

download the first link (7.1m1), install, and restart windows.

Last edited by Darkphox; 03-02-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Darkphox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #6
kleineMax
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
Default

yeah the 'desktop window manager is not working' thing was solved with the 7.1M1, but as i wrote thats not the issue im facing at the moment

(also see the last 2 lines of my post )

The problem is that the nvidia control panel can not be opened as long as i plug in my displaylink device and also if it is pluged in Nvidia PhysX is not working
kleineMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #7
Vald
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 12
Default

Hi all,

I'm having the same kind of problem. I have a Samsung Series 5 with GeForce GT 630M and Intel HD Graphics 4000 (via Optimus) and a Toshiba DynaPort USB 3.0. The Intel drivers are the latest and I've tried the NVIDIA 296.87 (latest from Samsung), NVIDIA 314.07 and 314.22 drivers with identical results. I'm using the Displaylink 7.1M drivers (though the actual version reported in Windows is 7.0.41409.0 despite running the cleaner, etc.).

Any game I try running in full screen will crash without exception once Displaylink configures a monitor for the first time. If I completely uninstall the drivers and reinstall them, everything is fine unless I hook a monitor up to the station.

In other words, my Displaylink device is useless with monitors. My only option for dual screen (two 1920x1080 external monitors - the laptop display is not an option) is to hook the primary up to HDMI (I would do that anyway) but the second to - ugh - VGA... and it looks horrible.

Please guys, can we get this fixed? This is simply terrible and is only reinforcing my initial reservations about so-called universal docking stations.
Vald is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.