Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #1
KBL
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 13
Default

This is so annoying, everytime I do it, same result, even after uninstalling and removing all references from the registry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Renesas updating.jpg (35.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Renesas update result .jpg (60.0 KB, 3 views)
KBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #2
JamesH
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,523
Default

Hi,

Just asked about this.

It seems that with some versions of the driver an upgrade won't work.

You'll need to remove the driver - from device manager ensuring that you check the "Delete the driver software for this device" box. Then install the newer driver and all should be well.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #3
KBL
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 13
Default

Hi James,

I have tried that a few times, with the same result.

I have noticed something that I think may be causing the problem though....

The driver that the new update is trying to replace is version 2.01.032 replaced with 2.1.36.0.
However, I have noticed that the current driver installed is 2.0.32.0. I therefore assume that as the expected driver is not present it is not completely the correct update.

I will now try to update 2.0.32.0 with 2.01.032 before trying the final update.

Fingers crossed.

KBL



Well this is puzzling, I can't find any reference to 2.01.032 online really.

Last edited by KBL; 08-20-2013 at 12:37 PM.
KBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #4
KBL
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 13
Default

Nope, I can't find v2.01.032 anywhere. Weird.

I have emailed Renesas Europe with a link to this thread.
Fingers crossed.

Last edited by KBL; 08-21-2013 at 12:43 PM.
KBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
KBL
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 13
Default

No reply from Renesas Europe yet, but I also contacted Sony, who have just replied..

Thank you for contacting Sony. We acknowledge that you would like to update your VAIO USB drivers but you cannot locate them.

The only available USB driver edition for your VAIO can be downloaded from the link below:

http://www.sony.ie/support/en/produc...1242-0042_6178

It is version 2.0.32.0, the other mentioned versions seems to be not available for this VAIO. So we would like to know if these are being installed by windows updates.


Um, are they trying to tell me that the Renesas USB on my 1 year old Vaio can not handle any further updates to the USB 3.0 driver??


Last edited by KBL; 08-26-2013 at 02:29 PM.
KBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.