![]() |
|
|||||||
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread | Display Modes |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,523
|
Hi,
Can you try the latest Fresco Logic USB 3.0 host controller driver from here: http://www.frescologic.com/support.php Let me know how you get on. Thanks, James |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4
|
I have installed the driver, restarted since it indicated that in device manager.
It still has these black flashes (windows sound for disconnecting device) and comes back up again, only much faster now. I will send you the log through a PM since it contains some private information. I also disabled Power saving on All USB devices. |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,523
|
Hi,
Thanks - I replied to your PM. Let me know how you get on. Thanks, James |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4
|
This indeed seems a hardware problem. However it only happens when power drawing devices are attached (like my external HDD or the displaylink screen). USB drives works without a hitch.
Well it wasnt my laptop but the Fresco Hostcontroller driver! I downgraded to V3.4.6.0 as suggested in http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus...sus-g53sx.html and it works! It also fixed the frame stuttering problem, it finally keeps running fluid! Thanks for your help! Last edited by maikeldus; 01-27-2014 at 07:53 PM. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|