Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 08:07 PM   #1
JamesH
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,523
Default

Hi,

Please attach the output from this tool:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:24 AM   #2
jwmoore39
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 8
Exclamation Results from Debug Tool

I have tried to attach the results of the debug tool to this response. However, it is not clear how to do that. The instructions are vague, "send the zip file to DisplayLink". I assume that by attaching the file to this response I have "sent it to DisplayLink".
The problem is described in the initial post in this thread.
There was something in the debug results about the driver for the intel graphics being out of date, but when I use Control Panel, Device Manager, Intel graphic, Driver and ask it to update it says I have the latest driver. And anyway the computer ought to be using the NVIDIA graphics.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ZIRCONIA_20140224_201111.zip (804.3 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by jwmoore39; 02-25-2014 at 02:27 AM.
jwmoore39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:16 AM   #3
Wim
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,561
Default

Your graphics card drivers are old (January 2010). Could you try updating these and see if it solves the issue?

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:14 PM   #4
jwmoore39
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 8
Angry Latest drive installed

Windows told me that the latest driver was installed and I included that information in a previous message. I went to the Intel site for drivers and it tells me that

Product Detected Intel® HD Graphics
Current Driver Installed 8.16.11.8880
Your driver is current.

So the problem is not the Intel graphics driver.

The DisplayLink data collection said nothing about the NVIDIA driver, which Windows tells me is also up to date.

So the problem is not the graphics drivers. The problem is that somehow installing the latest DisplayLink software caused the graphics to slow down. I have seen this problem from others on the web and they claimed the only fix was to re-install Windows. My guess is that that would only work until I first plugged in the Kensington Multi-Display hardware and the DisplayLink driver was installed again. I don't have half a day to devote to re-installing Windows so I would like a fix from DisplayLink.
jwmoore39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:00 PM   #5
JamesH
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,523
Default

Hi,

The latest graphics drivers for your Intel graphics can be found here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...adType=Drivers

To install these follow these steps:
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033915.htm

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:12 PM   #6
jwmoore39
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 8
Default Have you read my posts?

In my last post I pointed out that when I go to the site suggested by James to get a new graphics driver for the Intel graphics it tells me I have the latest driver.
I have attached a screen shot of the message from the Intel site.
THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE INTEL GRAPHICS DRIVER!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IntelGraphicsDriverUpdated.jpg (20.9 KB, 3 views)
jwmoore39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:50 PM   #7
JamesH
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,523
Default

Hi,

The Intel auto-update facility will only check Windows Update for the latest driver. These are rarely the most recent version of the driver.

The linked driver I suggested is the very latest from Intel.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aero slow graphics update

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.