Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
fnegrin
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
Default

Yes, as I have said on the other thread related to this issue, I have the same problem. Since upgrading to mountain lion and upgrading the display link driver to the latest version I can no longer let my 15 inch macbook pro (late 2011)go into sleep mode because it simply shuts down after a while and on restart it tells me there was a problem that caused the shutdown......

When my mac is not on mains power this is a huge problem and has caused me to lose unsaved work etc.....

I also have uninstalled the driver and the problem has vanished, returning as soon as I reinstalled the driver.....

Please help!
fnegrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
jmoz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3
Default

I am also having the same issue on a mid-2012 Macbook Air (11") using the 1.8 driver on ML. The problem is very repeatable:
My DisplayLink device is connected to a USB on the back of my Thunderbolt Display. When I remove the computer, the next time I wake it up, it tells me it has restarted because of a crash. This happens 100% of the time.

I was wondering:
1) Whether DL has found the problem,
2) If so, what the estimated time until correction might be,
3) Whether this is something which is actually bad for my computer, or if I should just deal with it in the meantime. (I'd prefer not to uninstall the driver, and I haven't lost anything because I always save everything before I undock, but I also don't want to be creating new problems.)

Thanks!
jmoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:07 AM   #3
bernier
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
Default Hardware acceleration?

It seems like the driver crashes because of displaylink's hardware acceleration. I've noticed that in Windows 7 on the same machine, videos (e.g. netflix) become really choppy and usually unplayable. On Mac, the videos are fluid. Seems to me like the Mac side is hw accelerated and the driver/usb connection has trouble keeping up. Then again, I have no clue but thought that this might be a potential cause.
bernier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.