![]() |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,523
|
Thanks - apologies - should have asked before - what make and model AV receiver do you have?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 7
|
It is a yamaha rx-v620
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,523
|
Thanks, I've raised this internally for further investigation.
James |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 7
|
I now have a Toshiba Dynadock U3 instead and I still have the same problem!
I have also tried with a hp laptop with win7 and the same problem. I get surround sound from the computers then I use the displayport but not from the HDMI port on the USB-dock. Has anyone for sure been able to get surround sound from the HDMI port using displaylink? I attach a new log. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,561
|
We have just tested this on an Onkyo HT-R538 which is what we have for system test and 5.1 audio works. Is 5.1 definitely selected under the speaker configuration?
![]() (Note: we show Stereo and 5.1 only) Wim |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 7
|
Thanks for verify that it is possibly to get 5.1 throughout HDMI. May I ask what OS and with docking station you used?
I only have stereo or 5.1 Surround and I have tested both. The sound comes out different so I’m sure. I will try to find another receiver to test on. But because it works then I use the computers displayport I think the receiver is fine. |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,561
|
It was checked with a Targus ACP70 dock on Windows 8.1 (to check the original problem posted in this thread).
Wim |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
| Display Modes | |
|
|