Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2014, 10:37 AM   #1
JamesH
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,523
Default

Hi,

Please attach the logs from this tool:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

When you reply please select "Manage Attachments" from the "Additional Options" section below.

From there select Upload and navigate to the output of the tool.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:11 PM   #2
sikcool
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 6
Default

Here are my log files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SANKAR-PC_20140712_120844.zip (1.45 MB, 5 views)
sikcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:58 PM   #3
JamesH
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,523
Default

Hi,

Can you try the following:

1. Disconnect your adapter
2. Uninstall DisplayLink software
3. Download and run this tool http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=297
4. Install DisplayLink software
5. Reconnect your adapter

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:53 AM   #4
sikcool
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 6
Default

So I got to 4. Install DisplayLink software and it doesn't really look like anything got installed but when I try to run it again it says:

Code:
DisplayLink Software for DisplayLink Graphics is already up to date
But I don't see any programs in the tray so I can't open any software up. But I went onto step 5 anyway and plugged in my adapter into the computer then plugged in a HDMI cord from the TV into the adapter but the TV doesn't detect anything and neither does the computer. So we're back to square 1.

The main problem is that nothing seems to get installed when I run the installer even though it shows up as installed in the control panel, it makes a folder in Program Files, and it gives the above error message if you try to run it again.

Last edited by sikcool; 07-18-2014 at 02:50 PM.
sikcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:18 PM   #5
JamesH
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,523
Default

Hi,

I've taken another look at this.

The logs tell me that a monitor / TV has not been detected.

This is why you're not seeing the taskbar based UI run.

Can you try a different video cable and other video ports on the monitor / TV?

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:55 AM   #6
sikcool
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 6
Default Tried plugging it in

I initially had the USB-to-HDMI adapter plugged into a USB 3.0 hub I had plugged in. So this time I tried plugging the adapter into the motherboard's USB 3.0 I/O ports directly. The USB adapter had a green light inside of it that turned on signifying that it is receiving power and also I can see on the device manager that it recognizes it. I have a screenshot of the device manager below:



I've tried all the USB 3.0 ports in the back of the computer and still no luck. The only thing I can think of is that my Gigabyte motherboard has an onboard video card (HD4600 Intel) that I disabled in the BIOS because I have an offboard NVIDIA 9500GT card that was causing problems when booting up. Basically, the computer did not like have 2 video cards active so I disabled one.

I don't know if that is the cause of any of the problems but I really can't think of any other reason.

Any thoughts?

Edit: The green light from the adapter does not persist. When I plug it into a USB 3.0 port it blinks green for a second and then goes away. The device manager still lists it but I don't know if the adapter is broken or not.

Last edited by sikcool; 07-29-2014 at 03:19 AM.
sikcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:51 PM   #7
JamesH
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,523
Default

Hi,

Have you been able to try my suggestions above about other video cables / video ports?

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.