Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
chris.ridgeway
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
Default +1

I have spent over 70 minutes on the phone with Apple on my login screen not rendering correctly. They have me with senior advisors now, and they report never having encountered this issue.

I am also able to "click" in the middle of my screen and type my password and get it to login, even though I can't see what I'm doing. Took me a while to discover this.

Help is appreciated asap.

DisplayLink USB adapter: BVU195
MacBook Pro 13" (late 2011)
OS X 10.8 (12A269)
chris.ridgeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
jcohn25
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
Default If you get stuck

Mountain Lion Users: Until this problem is fixed and if you get stuck in the monitor login dead zone...

Reboot your Mac while holding down the <shift> key. This will boot the system into 'Safe Mode' and then you can uninstall the DisplayPort driver so things function normally until this is addressed.

I just thought I would help out a few that I have read are stuck on screens not sure what option they have.

I REALLY wish there would be some kind of response to this problem? The radio silence is very very unprofessional. I think we are all just looking for 'Acknowledged and we are actively working on a fix'
jcohn25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
forza
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcohn25 View Post
I REALLY wish there would be some kind of response to this problem? The radio silence is very very unprofessional. I think we are all just looking for 'Acknowledged and we are actively working on a fix'
The response from Carlo (#6 on previous page) is just that isn't it?
forza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
paulgee31
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 14
Default

I'm suffering from flickering in Safari and in Firefox there is an offset which means mouse clicks have to be offset.

We really need a fix quickly.
paulgee31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
roozter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
Default Mountain Lion 10.8.1 & DisplayLink 1.8 issues

I have the same issues.

Login screen is blank; not showing login pictures or password entry box. My workaround for this is to hit the right arrow twice (there are only two user logins displayed) then enter then type my password. I am choosing to live with the issues (so far) and keep my third display rather than uninstall the driver and lose my third display.

Other issues you are probably having are:
Finder crashes - Yes
Flash crashes - Yes
Login issues - Yes, see above
Preview crashes - Yes
Shockwave crashes
Java, Shockwave and flash will not install. Image mounts but will not trigger the installation.

Attempted workaround: Reboot in "safe mode" and install flash, java and shockwave. This was successful but reboot into normal mode shows that the installtion did not take. I still receive messages about missing plug-ins.
roozter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #6
jkirker
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 40
Default 1.8.2 will be out this/next week...

1.8.2 will likely be out shortly... As a developer I've been running it and I can tell you that the same flicker issues exist w/ the latest version which will likely be very similar to the current build.

Are there any updates on this? Any ETA for a new driver release?

I imagine your volume is significant enough to have dedicated resource staff for development, right??

Thanks,
John
jkirker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #7
fhall1
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkirker View Post
1.8.2 will likely be out shortly... As a developer I've been running it and I can tell you that the same flicker issues exist w/ the latest version which will likely be very similar to the current build.

Are there any updates on this? Any ETA for a new driver release?

I imagine your volume is significant enough to have dedicated resource staff for development, right??

Thanks,
John
Hahaha...based on lack of response here lately, I doubt it. My USB MIMO has been sitting unused in a cabinet since I went to 10.7.3 on my iMac (that was the first version of Lion I installed - I never install before .3 is released)...it just too much of a hassle to have to mess with whether it's going to work right on any given day. Worked fine with 10.6.x, but those days are long gone.
fhall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
cmwade77
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkirker View Post
1.8.2 will likely be out shortly... As a developer I've been running it and I can tell you that the same flicker issues exist w/ the latest version which will likely be very similar to the current build.

Are there any updates on this? Any ETA for a new driver release?

I imagine your volume is significant enough to have dedicated resource staff for development, right??

Thanks,
John
Can we download the developer version somewhere? Seriously, this is becoming a MAJOR problem.

ETA: I may have found a work around, it is not ideal, but may just work, I will test it out tomorrow and post if it does.

Last edited by cmwade77; 09-21-2012 at 03:53 AM.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #9
paulmj21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
Default

cmwade77: I look forward to your findings. Any tips or workaround is really appreciated. Everyone else is at a loss as to what to do?

DL Team: I would really appreciate an update. Its been two months since Mountain Lion release... an exceptionally long time for a major software problem.

Last edited by paulmj21; 09-21-2012 at 03:20 PM.
paulmj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #10
cmwade77
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 41
Default

So far, my Fix works, here is what is you need to do:
  1. Restart your computer ins safe mode, if you cannot get finder to open.
  2. Open terminal and enter chflags nohidden /System/Library/
  3. Now, open finder and go to /System/Library/Extensions
  4. Find the file DisplayLinkDriver.kext and copy it to your desktop.
  5. Now delete the same file from your /System/Library/Extensions folder. (OS X will not let you simply move the file)
  6. Download "Install KEXT" from: http://osxdaily.com/2012/01/04/insta...ith-kext-drop/
  7. Restart your computer in regular mode and it should start up normally.
  8. Use the Install KEXT and drag the DisplayLinkDriver.kext into the window and click install.
  9. Restart your computer in reglar mode and all should be well now with your extra monitor working.

So far I have only needed to complete these steps once and it seems to be a permanent fix, but you can certainly do it multiple times if you find that you need to. I would also think that most, if not all of this can be automated somehow, but I don't have the skills to accomplish this. There may also be other methods that work with fewer steps, but this has worked for me.

Please note that at several points during this, you will need your administrator password.


Update 1: I found that you do have to do this every time you want to reboot, but it does seem to work every time.

Update 2: I am now not sure if you have to do this every reboot, I have had several successful reboots now without going through this process.

Last edited by cmwade77; 09-25-2012 at 10:32 PM.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
login screen, mountain lion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.