Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2015, 05:06 AM   #3
jkudish
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 7
Default

Hiya,

Just undid my previous installation in favor of your more future proof and more efficient RPM.

I like that it auto-detects the USB module. However, I actually own two different usb modules. The one that you own (the 4 in 1) is the one I use when mobile, but I use this more complete docking station when I'm at home and plugged into my monitor.

It seems your script doesn't detect the docking station as a displaylink device and thus doesn't start the driver when it's plugged in. As a workaround, right now, I've plugged in the 4 in 1 into the docking station, which ironically enough, works.

Can I help you provide the right info to update the script to detect the docking station properly?

Also completely unrelated to the driver, but I was wondering if you had any tips on how to get Fedora/Gnome to remember display arrangement settings after a reboot. It doesn't seem to remember that the monitor is set to the left of my laptop.

Thanks for all your help!
jkudish is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.