Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
VA2SS
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4
Default

Seems to work for me too so far !!!

1- Uninstall 1.7 driver
2- Install OS X 10.8 over 10.7
3- Upgrade to OS X 10.8.2
4- Install 1.8 driver

No login behavior anymore
No corrupted applications
Only background did not saved properly.... but it is not a big deal !!

Thanks to .......... A P P L E
VA2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:38 AM   #2
rod242
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
Thumbs down 10.8.3 made things worse ...

Unfortunately I don't think installing OSX 10.8.2 reliably fixes the problem.

After installing 10.8.2 and uninstalling/reinstalling the DisplayLink (1.8) driver, all of the symptoms from before are still present ... and in fact are present immediately.

On OSX 10.8.1 I could install the driver, usually work for most of the day, then have problems and uninstall/re-install the driver. Now its stuffed as soon as I install the driver :-(

I really wish DisplayLink would make a comment on what is happening.... the silence is deafening.
rod242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:55 AM   #3
cmwade77
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 41
Default

I just posted on the other thread about Mountain Lion problems that I may have found a work around, but I won't be able to fully test it until tomorrow at work. The work around is not ideal, but if it works, I will post it.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
Stephen
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 10
Default

After a few days, I am beginning to have issues again under OS 10.8.2, so I am not certain what is going on.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #5
shoffman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
Default

uninstalled 1.8 (weeks ago now)
upgraded to 10.8.2 --> rebooted
installed 1.8 --> rebooted

Immediately got the "hidden" username/password box, logged in anyway and used hot corners to activate screensaver and apps started crashing just as before... For me, 10.8.2 didn't fix anything.

*sigh* I guess I'll stare at my blank 24" monitor a while longer...
shoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
VA2SS
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA2SS View Post
Seems to work for me too so far !!!

1- Uninstall 1.7 driver
2- Install OS X 10.8 over 10.7
3- Upgrade to OS X 10.8.2
4- Install 1.8 driver

No login behavior anymore
No corrupted applications
Only background did not saved properly.... but it is not a big deal !!

Thanks to .......... A P P L E
Still working for me since september 20th. Crossing my finger

Installation steps are crucial.
VA2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #7
mcfrantzen
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
Default Messes up my Mac

I have a MacBook Pro (mid-2012) running 10.8.2. Installed the 1.8 driver and found that many programs would not run, flash games did not run, advertisement on various news websites would not load, Safari downloads button would not show the downloads (had to search for the 1.8 driver manually in the downloads folder). A simple uninstall recovered my machine, but cannot use USB graphics card. Whats wrong?
mcfrantzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #8
Dracnath
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
Default Is there an open source Mac Driver?

It seems ages since we've had word from anyone on these issues. Does anyone know of an open source Mac driver? Maybe we need to start work on one! We should be able to use the Linux one as a starting point.
Dracnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:41 AM   #9
stevedave
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracnath View Post
It seems ages since we've had word from anyone on these issues. Does anyone know of an open source Mac driver? Maybe we need to start work on one! We should be able to use the Linux one as a starting point.
I know its been awhile since we've heard anything from DL. I suggest we all take pictures of the issues we're having them. Then tag DL's facebook page with the issues.

They aren't answering so perhaps we take this to a more public forum.
stevedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #10
Wim
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,561
Default

Hi All

It's good that it looks like Apple have addressed some of the issues we have been working on. A summary of our plans for releasing a new driver are summarised here:

http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2007

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.